- Learn to touch-type.
Here's a hint that will double your typing speed:
- Buy a $5 keyboard.
- Buy a $2 can of spray paint.
- Spray paint the keyboard white.
- Stop looking at the keys while you type.
- Learn to use the mouse.
- Learn to cut, copy, and paste.
Right hand on the mouse, left hand on the keyboard:
If you're left handed: Ctrl-?, Ctrl->, Ctrl-<
- Ctrl-X to Cut
- Ctrl-C to Copy
- Ctrl-V to Paste
- Learn to search and replace.
- Ctrl-F to Find
- Ctrl-H to Change
- F3 to Find Next
- Shift-F3 to Find Previous